Classic Sports Racing Group

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Classic Sports Racing Group

Post by bertvorgon »

This weekend Colin Jackson is down again at Sonoma Raceway, where he is going to run his vintage 1973 Brabham BT40.

When Colin was a kid, he crewed for Al Lader on this very car at Westwood. A few years ago now Colin took possession of the car and has rebuilt it to be run in vintage.

This weekend has a HUGE grid of the 2.5 TransAm cars which I grew up with. I see John Morton's name on there but unsure if he is actually going to run.

I see also that our local Ian Wood is there with his 1970 Mclaren M12...which just sounds awesome!!!!

The photographer that I met last year at Sonoma will be attending and has said he will send up some photos from the weekend. I will post up here as they come in. I asked that he take lots of the 510's if possible. He and I have stayed in touch over the year, trading our adventure pictures.
Attachments
csrg Formula.JPG
csrg Formula.JPG (88.92 KiB) Viewed 2539 times
csrg 2.5.JPG
csrg 2.5.JPG (101.16 KiB) Viewed 2539 times
Colin #75.JPG
Colin #75.JPG (39.1 KiB) Viewed 2539 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
MikeY

Re: Classic Sports Racing Group

Post by MikeY »

So is Colin not going to the SCCA runoffs this year. Was hoping to watch him defend and get his 6 out of 6 win.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Classic Sports Racing Group

Post by bertvorgon »

No, it is being held at Virginia International Raceway, just a major haul to get there and Colin has done that over the years.

We will see what and if it comes back to the west side of the country, if Colin would run again.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer