510 to BC track days?

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
Joost

510 to BC track days?

Post by Joost »

Does anyone in BC take their 510 to track days? Like Mission for example.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: 510 to BC track days?

Post by bertvorgon »

Not since the 90's have a good contingent of 510's gone to Mission. I think Norm did a track day a few years ago.

I for one have to change a few things on my car to do a track day, which are not cheap anymore. Plus, I have been there, done that, so it has not really been on my personal radar. I guess I just don't want to beat my car up anymore.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Re: 510 to BC track days?

Post by Byron510 »

I went out and joined the PDC club track days. Their rules were simple, grouped cars in appropriate classes so that there wasn’t a massive speed differential or massive difference in ability. Passing areas were strict and strictly enforced. And the biggest rule - no race cars.
It was a huge amount of fun. I was surrounded by cars whose wheel and tire set ups were worth half as much as my car, and there was some vary fast machinery out there. As fun as the Bronze is, I was in the slow group just due to what shows up. But was I intimidated- no. Everyone was friendly, and I had a blast.
But unfortunately that club packed it in this year. It’s a real shame.
I believe all that left now are SCCBC’s lapping days. Admittedly they used to be a much more political group - but hard to say now. It’s been a long time since I took part. But maybe worth looking in to.
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.