MISSION ROAD RACE AUG.27

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
Nerius

Re: MISSION ROAD RACE AUG.27

Post by Nerius »

What a fantastic adventure! I don't think I'll ever go into racing, but it's so nice to read what's happening all around it. Thanks for the write up.
Werner
Even the pain is fun.
https://www.instagram.com/dutchydatsun510/
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

iceman510 wrote: 30 Aug 2022 19:41 Looking good Byron.

This is prescient for me, as I am picking up my vintage race 510 in about 2 weeks or so. I have no good idea of what the car needs and what I will have to do for prep over winter, so that will be interesting.

Is the B/S for B-sedan? I see the car doesn't have flares. Did it race the equivalent of IT before?
Iceman, I didn't reply to your post earlier.

B/S is B-Sedan, correct
I feel I want to get rid of all the decals on the car - I like the clean look. Even seen one of Troy's vintage cars? Number only - I like that.

The car is unflared because it started life in 1983 (race log book) as a production/spec class car. Locally we had the Datsun Radial Challenge - DRC, and it was hugely popular from the late 70's through the early 90's when Westwood closed. So in a way, I guess it was an IT spec car.

I have no plans to flare this car - there are plenty of flared ones out there.
I really look forward to improving this car as I go. First up is a bunch of maintenance stuff, oil leaks especially. There has been some nice work done many years ago that hasn't been undone, but there are many original pieces missing. So I'll work on getting car up to par.
The previous owner added a lot of good items and details inthe last 15 years he had the car. I just may have executed them a little differently and may go back and refine things a bit - time permitting.

I'll likely start a thread unless it just remains here.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Byron we want to see the go pro footage of the close call! We tell our race stories then watch the footage. The story never matches the footage haha :)

Also how does that cage pass tech? The cross bar on the hoop is backwards! it's setup for a RHD car. I since I'm a cage builder now I notice things like that. Our original cage was also backwards.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam