Blackboard eraser.

Problems, Comments, Questions regarding the website
datzenmike
Supporter

Blackboard eraser.

Post by datzenmike »

Why do all the posts seem to disappear around supper time? Doesn't seem to matter if they are active or not. I drop by every now and then to see how they are progressing and the board is erased. This never happens during the rest of the day. I can see posts with no replies being dropped but even active posts get the boot and I have to go looking for them by laboriously going through each forum. Can't the most active topics stay up until displaced by even more active or current new posts?

Right now View New Posts and View Active Topics are empty? Maybe NEW and ACTIVE should encompass the last day or two (even a week) and then are considered not new or not active, and dropped. Instead of the 'five second rule' it should be the 'five day rule'. This would make finding the last topics of interest easier to find.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: Blackboard eraser.

Post by datzenmike »

Where'd everything go? again?
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Every once in a while, I'll click "View New Posts" and get the same posts, then click again later and get nothing show up, but I feel that's just the forum software telling me I'm refreshing too often and there hasn't been anything new.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

I can check in Active Topics half a dozen times during the day (even more) and there are no changes... same posts. Then suddenly it's erased. So my question is why? or why not remove them as new ones are added? Maybe a three day rule of staleness. I have no problem with two or more pages of current/active topics. Somehow they seem to be thrown in the dust bin way too soon and I see no advantage to this.
datzenmike wrote:Where'd everything go? again?
I posted this for fun last night after once again finding only chirping crickets, and it was gone an hour later. Talk about 5 second rule...
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

...and gone again already.

So what is the definition of an active topic at the 510 Realm????
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

It probably is a phpBB deal, not a Realm setting in particular.

Or your computer/browser is possessed. Either way...
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Maybe when you sign in,and go to new posts it will know you have viewed new posts.
I just did this and have pages of new posts
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

I use the view new post button when I view this forum. When I return to the site on the next visit, the threadsI had already seen are no longer there unless there are any new posts in that thread.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

I wanted View Active posts. To look back at something to check a fact, measurement or statement. If there has been no new post it's not going to show in New Posts and I have to look for it. As I don't keep track of every post and what forum it's in I have to check all, one at a time.

An active post should stick around longer than an hour. Some stay longer. Maybe the day's worth are simply dumped in the evening? I would think an active post should be around for at least 24 hours and it would also include the New Posts as it would be an active post. If there is a setting it should be adjusted.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

--> user control panel
--> board preferences
--> edit display options

What do you have these settings configured as?
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

I always subscribe to the topic if I am interested. that way it's in "view your posts" if I need to find it.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage