'71 4 Door - Mikuni'd KA24DE

View and post your 510 project(s)
demo243

'71 4 Door - Mikuni'd KA24DE

Post by demo243 »

Finally getting around to building this thread. Had one going in the Swap thread before photobucket went, and was straying a bit from the engine itself. After a few suggested comments Im starting fresh here--- stay tuned for updates as this is going to take a little while to work back through all the photos... Im sure Ill miss something as well...

ImageCopy of watermarked-100B1430_1600x1200 (1) by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Little background info -

A few years ago I was into the Subaru scene... but the car was my daily driver... next step on that car was turbo swap and the downward spiral from there... being my daily I couldn't afford to break it on Sat/Sun and not be able to drive it on Monday. I went to the Limerock Vintage races and saw the Stonebridge 510 ripping around and decided at that moment that was the plan.

Image1972 Datsun PL510 racer by Vetatur Fumare, on Flickr

Sold the Subaru, bought a Tacoma and started my hunt for a 510--- it took about a year of searching on and off to finally find one. Considered a rusty yellow 2 door (Little Miss Sunshine... ) but it was too much of a project for me. Then found a rusty stripped two door in CT, but again too much work for what I was prepared for.

Some photos of the 2door in CT... it was rough... but it did have a CA18...

ImageIMG_1084 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1083 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Years after looking at this car, I learned that the owner passed away and his business partner was trying to get his stuff off the property. That storage container behind it, housed two 510s and ton of parts. A good buddy of mine and his uncle ended up picking those up... you never know what can be hidden in those containers.

Finally I stumbled on a Red 4 door down in MD on craiglist, traced it back to Ratsun and chatted back and forth with the guy for a few days and decided to pull the trigger.

Ran all over to find a Uhaul dealer that would rent me a trailer for my little Tacoma... finally found one and picked the trailer up bright and early in CT, drove down to MD, made the sale, loaded it up, and drove all the back to CT the same day. The little Tacoma did surprisingly well pulling 4.5k lbs.

Loaded up -

ImageIMG_1117 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Thats a great view-

ImageIMG_1118 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Photo collage I found recently browsing the web of when it was first for sale-

Image4b1f75accc7811e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

As it sat, it was a 71 four door with some race history, but not much official known. Had an L20b with weber DCOM 40s and a 5 speed trans. Suprisingly rust free for an east coast dime. The previous owner Brad had done some work to clean it up though, replacing the trunk pan. He also cut out the front portion of the "cage" leaving the rear roll bar in place. Interior totally stripped and some WRX seats bolted to the floor.

A few randoms from Brad's original thread--

WRX seats
ImageDSC00192 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Engine
ImageDSC01485 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Replaced Trunk pan and back end (work done by Brad)

ImageDSC01490 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr
ImageDSC00277 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

With just a few tweeks I was able to get it up and running and to the CT DMV to be registered.

One of the first meets I drove it too with the CTZCC crew

ImageDSC_1658 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Shortly after getting the car and starting a thread on Ratsun - one of the earlier owners posted up some more original photos of the car - I was also able to pull a vehicle history report on the car to find that before me the car had been registered 9 different times since '91

Imagemed_gallery_11655_1105_683364 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Imagemed_gallery_11655_1105_111299 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

More to come....
Last edited by demo243 on 27 Jan 2018 07:50, edited 3 times in total.
'71 4 Door - Street/AutoX/Track Day Romper - Carb'ed KA24DE
demo243

Re: '71 4 Door - Mikuni'd KA24DE

Post by demo243 »

Drove the car pretty much as it sat for the rest of the fall, with a few little tweaks and fixes here an there. That winter I started getting interested in AutoX and saw there was a rookie course in March? maybe it was April cant remember. Anyway that lit a fire to get in there and do some maintenance. Changed all the fluids, added stainless brake lines and Porterfield R4s pads/shoes, new master cylinder and replaced one of the rear wheel bearings (that was a PITA!)

Then got to AutoXing -

Image8587197679_716483a8df_o by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Image8588298538_f3545ea070_o by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Image9438823033_77193e4b18_o by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Somewhere in there I picked up some beat up Federal 595s which helped it on both a daily and autoX base.

Added a roof rack to allow me to carry my bike around

ImageDSC_3204 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Just another photo I liked

Imagephoto copy by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Random interior shot-

ImageDSC_4131 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Somewhere in this time, I decided it was time for some new street tires, but 13's are hard to come by. Found a killer deal on here for some Rota's with practically new Falkens in a 15" size that was perfect for daily use. 15x7 +25 - Clears the rear fine, although any clamp on weights will scrape the arm. Front required a 10mm spacer on 510 struts, which in turn required longer studs

ImageIMG_2698 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4111 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

I took that opportunity to also jump on a set of Closeout Hankook race slicks in their super sticky compound. There were skinny... but oh so sticky... one advantage to being so skinny to was that I could fit all four in the back seat between the cage bars for trips to autoX

ImageIMG_2725 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4465 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Clutch master went on me 2 blocks from the AutoX one Sunday morning. Resulting in a quick trip to AutoZone and a parking lot swap. Got it back together just in time for tech - always liked this photo too for some reason

Image620987_10153169170320451_1307124202_o by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

This fits in there somewhere in the timeline too... Team Nissan/Datsun at the AutoX

ImageIMG_2109 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Also somewhere in there... she got her first tow truck ride... Speedo gear pulled out half way through a AutoX run making for quite a dramatic spin as my rear tires hit the gear oil. Probably could have stuffed it back in, filled it with oil and driven it home... but with AAA figured I might as well tow it.

ImageIMG_2406 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

... more to come...
Last edited by demo243 on 27 Jan 2018 07:53, edited 2 times in total.
demo243

Post by demo243 »

Some where in this time frame I blew up the rear diff as well - destroyed the pinion gear, chunked 3 of the teeth off.

Picked up a 4:11 open diff from one of the local CT 510 guru's and started sourcing LSD units. Got one sent down from Canada and then found a junk yard in CO that was willing to ship a whole diff to me.

Few bolts, lots of gear oil and mess and I had myself a 4.11 LSD and was back to the races...

Blown diff -

ImageIMG_2647 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2690 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Building the LSD

ImageIMG_2775 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Then life threw me a curve ball... my girlfriend at the time (and now wife) got a killer job offer out in San Francisco and we made the move. The 510 was relegated to the garage in CT for a while. Got to drive it on a few trips back home, but took about a year before I shipped it out to Cali...

Ill dig up the photo of it on the truck later - but it made it! Used a company called Golden Key Express, small owner operated company was on the same truck the whole time, driver loaded it right behind the cab and left it there till he got to me in Cali. Even let me drive it off the trailer.

Image1394457_2395309597318_2724108417296057206_n by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Tucked away in a new garage

Image10685543_2395309437314_7047514210691457558_n by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr
Last edited by demo243 on 27 Jan 2018 07:54, edited 2 times in total.
demo243

Post by demo243 »

Lived in one hell of a place - Pacifica CA, just above Skyline Drive and Highway 9 - wasn't long before I took a nice cruise -

ImageIMG_4637 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4644 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Quickly made friends with a crew up in the North Bay - lots of BBQs, mod days and fun runs followed.

ImageDSC_0276 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageDSC00911m_zps4e0bb973 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageDSC00895m_zps48074297 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0380 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0406 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Image23441174332_09e75d6612_o by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr
demo243

Post by demo243 »

After a few Fun Runs the idea of a track day came up. I missed the first one due to work obligations... but made sure I didnt miss the next.

Ill have to dig up the photos, but upgraded the brakes before hand - Went with the DP Racing's 13" wheel kit... although have had trouble finding 13's that actually fit...

Edit... Brake photos!

Just a note on this next photo... I believe the rotor hat is actually on backwards... Ill have to check my other photos to confirm

ImageIMG_5404 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5582 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

I forgot to mention earlier as well, that I had a few issues with my hardlines leaking... after fixing a few of the short ones I said screw it and ripped em all out. Redid all the hard lines with NiCopp - None of the photos are really that interesting... but they are on my Flickr if you want to dig around. I did learn that when I get exhaust work done I will ensure there is a joint at the X-member so I can remove it with out having to drop the whole rear end...

Also at that time I ditched the T-Handle e-brake and went with a lokar set up run to the stock points on the X-member and rear arms

Underside of the cable routing- and handle

ImageIMG_4865 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7710 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Pre Track Alignment -

ImageIMG_5607 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Anyway... Track Photos !

ImageDSC01698_zpsfhcgn5la by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9544-TYR-TH040415 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9543-TYR-TH040415 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9523-TYR-TH040415 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Did run into a bit of an issue at the track though... Made it through the first 1st session fine and was really enjoying myself. But right at the very end of the 2nd session it lost a ton of power - felt like it was running on 2 cylinders...

Limped it off and we got to work... took some digging, but we finally traced it back to an issue with the needle valve getting stuck in the rear carb and blocking fuel flow... thought we fixed it. Went out for session 3, but only made it a few laps.... fixed it again and limped home....

More surprises awaited...
Last edited by demo243 on 28 Jan 2018 13:06, edited 3 times in total.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

And.....left us hangin!

Great story so far, looking forward to the next chapter.
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
demo243

Post by demo243 »

Byron510 wrote:And.....left us hangin!

Great story so far, looking forward to the next chapter.
Sorry to leave you hanging!

Went out to dinner last night, came back and realized I am missing a bunch of photos from my Flickr, so I decided to go back through all my Iphone photos... wow... I have over 1,000 photos of the car, and work on the car just from my Iphone.... that not even including shots off the real camera from meets/BBQs...

Also realized I skipped a couple things in the time line...

Anyway, Im working on uploading those photos now and then will continue the thread.
demo243

Post by demo243 »

Ok - Got my photos in order... somewhat...

If you have read the first few posts, you may want to look back, I updated a few photos.

If your on the thread for the first time you should be up to speed.

I left of with Carb issues at Thunder Hill on my first track day.

After limping it home, I decided it was time for a carb rebuild. Called up Pierce Manifolds and managed to get the proper kit for the DCOMs (Yes they were DCOM carbs... Not DCOE)

Unfortunately upon removing the front carb I ran into and issue... One of the lower ear was snapped off... Upon further inspection, it appears it had done this before and been repaired...

ImageIMG_5674 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5659 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

At this point I hit a decision... try and repair this or go with new carbs... I did alot of reading and talked with Todd (RIP) at Wolf Creek and decided Mikunis were the way to go. Gave Todd some info and a bunch of money and waited...

After a few weeks a nice package showed up on my door - a fresh set of Mikuni 44's

ImageIMG_5866 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5865 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

For reference - The spec's on the 44s for my L20b with aggressive cam

ImageIMG_5867 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Bolted em up ... And she fired first try ... a few little adjustments to get the idle right and we were good to go. Todd had those carbs dialed directly from him 3000 miles away having never seen my engine or set up. Pretty amazing

ImageIMG_5868 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5869 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5876 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5877 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

I also upgraded to a Koyo Rad at this time as well -

ImageIMG_4862 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Of course at that point I had to go for a drive down highway 1

ImageIMG_5887 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5896 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr
demo243

Post by demo243 »

Ok... where were we...

Oh yea -

Picked up a clean 4.44 diff from a 04? Forester on ebay for cheap - thing was clean!

ImageIMG_4896 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4895 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

This will get built into a 4.44 LSD diff.... but that comes later

Somewhere in there as well I decided to give the paint some love - just a turtle wax buffing compound by hand and a nice fresh coat of wax

ImageIMG_5896 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Noticed there were some Japanese Characters hidden on the hood -

ImageIMG_5945 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

something about love or something... cant remember anymore.

Random shot -

ImageIMG_6125 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Next up - Canby! I think that will have to wait for another post... probably tomorrow...
demo243

Post by demo243 »

Alright... looks like I'll get to sneak another post in before Im off for the afternoon.

Always wanted to make the trek to Canby, and the North Bay crew goes most years. Plans were in place- head up to Silver Falls on Thursday, then to Canby Friday, and haul ass back home on Sunday.

Pre Canby run adjustments -

ImageIMG_6132 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Early morning running - we left at like 3am or something.

ImageIMG_6152 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6339 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6338 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Stuck in traffic near Shasta -

ImageP1070361_zps9w8tcyl6 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Running hard after the traffic-

ImageIMG_6204 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

The crew -

ImageIMG_6239 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Took us forever to get up there... we were running with such a broad range of cars. On the fast end we had SR20DET swapped 510 and on the slow end a 521 with camper and stock L16 4speed 510. Was a fun run up though with only minor issues.

Camp at Silver Falls -

ImageIMG_6230 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Love this shot of Mike in his 521 and camper next to a massive ford F350? and camper - Too funny-

ImageIMG_6244 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Just a couple shots at the Canby show

Imagecanby_2015_601_ by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Imagecanby_2015_607_ by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Pretty sure my plates mean I drove the furthest... Hahahah ... Ran CT plates the whole time in Cali untill just a couple weeks before I moved back east.

Coming home on Sunday was a romp. We left at ~5pm? and most the guys were going all the way back to the SF area. I was smart and took the Monday off so got a room in Redding? I think to spend the night and break up the drive.

Monday morning however brought some issues... My temp gauge decided to stop working/freak out, so I really had no idea on engine temps... and my speedo decided to go crazy too... In this picture I was actually only going about 60mph per the GPS on my phone. Also snapped a throttle cable and had to do a repair on the side of the highway.

ImageIMG_6305 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

But I made it home.
demo243

Post by demo243 »

Right before Canby I had picked up a set of 13" Libres... unfortunately even with DPs 13" wheel brake kit they still clipped the calipers... barely.. so I took some measurements and had a custom bracket machined that pulled the caliper just a few mm closer to the hub.

Pre- Paint-

ImageIMG_6639 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Once those were installed the Libres fit!

ImageIMG_6645 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6651 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

The tires were pretty roasted... but they held air and were still sticky enough so I ran em for a fun run.

ImageIMG_6659 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6661 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Libres show off the Wilwoods nicely -

ImageIMG_6674 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Really liked the look of the Libres... but over time the drilling of them started to sketch me out and I didnt want to run them as race wheels, so I ended up selling them.

One last Libre photo

ImageIMG_6713 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr
demo243

Post by demo243 »

At this point I was starting to plan for the next track day-

Decided to swap the drums in the back out for discs with EDPs? brackets and maxima calipers. Ran the calipers on the bottom to allow the stock ebrake cable location to work. makes it a pain to bleed them... but oh well...

ImageIMG_6878 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Also added the T3 brake master brace since I bumped to a 15/16th master and the DP racing steering box brace.

ImageIMG_7387 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Then I worked on stiffening up the suspension - T3 Coilovers on a spare set of 510 strut housings I had picked up a while back with T3 camber plates

ImageIMG_7393 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Got really lucky on the strut housing since they were already cut and had some seemingly still alive Tokicos in them

ImageIMG_7398 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7402 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

For the rear I went with an Eibach spring, cut in half... Ill have to dig up the specs.

ImageIMG_7412 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Overall I ended up with about 300lb spring rates on all four corners... actually could be 350lb... car handles like its on rails... but doesnt like the bumps much and overall might be too stiff for the shocks Im running... need to upgrade.

As it sits after suspension work

ImageIMG_7425 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr
demo243

Post by demo243 »

Also in prep for the next track day I decided it was time to reseal the L20b... knowing this engine had been through alot it had started to drip pretty good... especially after the Canby run.

Out it came -

ImageIMG_7742 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

On the stand for a reseal and new timing components

ImageIMG_7747 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Also during this time I had begun thinking and talking about a possible KA swap. Trolling craiglist one day this one popped up for cheap so I snagged it.

ImageIMG_7562 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

I decided on the KA swap for its low end torque which seemed to handle street driving and an autoX applications quite well... I had also been drooling over Dukes build of a carbed KA... The plan was to reseal the L20b and run it while I built the KA on the side.

Unfortunately... the Datsun gods had other plans...

The next track day had arrived and it was pissing rain the night before... made the drive up quite sketchy with such a stiff twitchy car... but we made it... and in the morning the sun had come out... the track was still soaked though.

ImageIMG_8011 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

The first session was really eye opening... the track was super slick and cars were going off left and right and getting stuck in the mud. I took it pretty easy and survived and learned alot about the car...

The 2nd session how ever didnt last long. The track had dried up and things were moving faster. After the sighting lap I came around one of the bends toward the back of the track and let it rip down the straight... half way through there was alot of banging and clanking and I watched the cranked pulley roll across the track in front of me... my day was done... I swear I torqued it to spec...but apparently not... (note to self...always go back and check torques after some run time).

This began the first of 4 tows... first one off the track... second one to the entrance, third to Vacaville and 4th home to Pacifica. Being we were at Thunder Hill it was about 160 miles back to Pacifica... unfortunately I only had 100mile towing with AAA... and it was going to be like $6 a mile over that. Luckily I was able to use a freinds tow to get me 99 miles to Vacaville... had the tow driver drop me in a parking lot and called another to get me home.

Tow from Thunder hill to Vacaville

ImageIMG_8013 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

The last driver was nice enough to drop the car right into the garage despite being on a busy street. Had no idea how I was gonna push it up the drive way had he not.

ImageIMG_8018 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

At this point I tried to diagnose what issues had come from the crank pulley coming off, ordered a few parts and got the L20b back together... but upon firing it ... it had a nasty knock... That was the end of the L motor...

And the KA build began ---

Stay tuned. Signing off for now but will update more tomorrow.
demo243

Post by demo243 »

With the L20b dead the KA build kicked into full swing and I started planning and stocking up on parts.

I decided I definitely wanted to carb the KA so I started hunting for intake manifold options. Found a couple photos, tried to find the Nissan Motorsports USA manifold to no luck. Got in touch with Ed Pink but he hadnt done a run in a while. Put some feelers out on the forums and came across a cool looking cast one, but the seller wasnt sure he was ready to give it up. Then found a welded one so I jumped on it and it was headed my way.

As far as I can tell, this is the Ed Pink/Nissan Motorsport USA manifold - I actually was a little disappointed in it as the welds aren't the greatest
ImageUntitled by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Shortly after buying the welded one, the guy selling the cast one decided to sell, so I scooped that one up too. This is the one I was excited about. Its a really nice piece... but I cant find any info on it or on who made it. Only seen one other photo of it being used.

About the same time I stumbled on a KA partout from another 510 guy on craiglist. It was a take all deal but had a bunch of new in box forged stuff and more. Jumped on it immediately. Came home with most a 2nd KA in pieces, but also a set of Wiseco forged pistons, Eagle rods, ARP studs, Injectors (sold off) and a fuel rail (sold off). Also new set of King Bearings.

After doing some digging on Radiators, I really didnt like the CX racing so I went with the Afco 80104N - Nice and big, with the input/output on the correct size and will fit under the hood in the stock location pretty nicely.

Here is a comparison to the Koyo 510 Rad

Got bored one night and mocked up the head on the bench-

I also started thinking about gauges and what I was going to need to make them work with the KA. Knowing there was some wiring mess behind the dash I decided to open it up and see how bad it really was...

it was bad... lots of different color wires and what not making it hard to trace wires to their end points, and found a bare hot lead and a few bad splices...

So I did something crazy... I ripped it all out.

Plan is for custom Speed Hut Gauges and a custom dash. Also decided on the American Autowire Highway 13 wiring harness - largely for its fuse board and how it allows you to connect or disconnect wires directly at it. Also decided on Megajolt for the ignition, largely based on Dukes success.

Starting mocking up the dash with cardboard-

Picked up some metal from onlinemetals.com (I think...) aluminum sheet and got to work. Used a 2x4 on the bench for the radius of the bends

ImageIMG_0040 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Also mocked up a panel for the Fuse Box and the Megajolt unit on the firewall in the passenger footwell

demo243

Post by demo243 »

Parts went off to the Machine shop for the build as well -

I also at this point decided to go with a custom rear sum oil pan. The cost of the pan would likely end up being less expensive then paying someone to flip my X-member and get a new sway. Ray at Garage Autohero said he could do it, but needed a block. Luckily there was a member up his area (Thanks Paul!) who had a spare blocking sitting around and was able to drop it off with Ray.

Mock up shot from Ray-

Also received bad news from the Machine shop... both heads I had were seriously warped and they said were beyond repair... after lots of hunting I ended up with a reman head off of Rock Auto... well see how it hold up...

ImageIMG_0079 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0080 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Parts came back from the machine shop -

ImageIMG_0116 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Trigger wheel for the EDIS/Megajolt set up

ImageIMG_0328 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0329 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

Painted the block -

And the dash -

Gauges came in around this time too and got those in - Went with Speedhut Revolution Gauges - Speed, Tach, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Wideband AFR, and Gas. Missile switches for the Wipers, Hazards, and one for Fan overide. Fogs are on a separate missle swithc down by the steering column. And eventually ended up using the American Autowire headlight switch.

ImageIMG_0312 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0313 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr