Re-introduction?

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
JonnyC

Re-introduction?

Post by JonnyC »

Hello!

I also go by JonnyCanuck on the forum and have been lurking around for a long while, and just beginning to participate once I found a 510 to make my own.

I have, however, been locked out of my account for nearly a month, so started this one to try and solve the problem with my original account.

This is the obligatory hello post in introductions. In the event my old account can't be ressurected, which will be too bad.... This is v. 2.0.

Cheers!
510rob

Re: Re-introduction?

Post by 510rob »

I'm not sure what the underlying issue is that has caused this, but this login problem has been an issue for a lot of site users for the last month or so

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM LOGGING IN, send me an e-mail ---> mod1@the510realm.com
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I did have to reset my log in, 29 years with the same one.

It took me some attempts, as the site seemed to fight me every time I tried.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
GPMspeedshop

Post by GPMspeedshop »

well i got a new user id but i cannot login as cartel anymore-- ive tried to reset password about 50 times and i never get an email - ive answered that what can you put in 510 question TOO many times. nothing works and i definitely didnt forget the password - i cant seem to post anywhere else yet anyway "

i called Byron a couple weeks ago to tell him as i didnt have Keiths # in my fone and only other member i have the tel for is Norm..
GPMspeedshop

Post by GPMspeedshop »

the website is seriously Fubared-- i just got a message from some spam number and i can see it sortof linked thru the realm and then went to a fraudulent amazon site to ask for my user id and password saying i was locked out of my account-- all sorts of messed up
Rush1

Post by Rush1 »

I was able to log in yesterday using my original user ID (Rush) on a secondary computer. Today, it's a mess & I can't log in or reset my password. The whole site was 404'd earlier so I'm really hoping this is a temporary snafu. I'd really be bummed to lose my whole 23 page build thread. :(
Byron2

Post by Byron2 »

I too have resorted to a new log in name. I was able to keep logged in on my computer up till this week. But my phone hasn’t let me connect since November.
I know Spencer is working on it, we traded a few text messages last night.
What I did find interesting is that I got the new ac out going on the computer but still could not get the phone to let me log in directly on the site… until I went back into my email and hit the activation link, then I was granted access on my phone.
I’m unsure if that helps Spencer or Rob who are working on this issue.
The realm is such a great resource, I’d really hate to loose it! Good luck, guys. I hope you can find the fix :-)

Byron
StrutlessWonder
Supporter

Post by StrutlessWonder »

I usually lurk and read without actually logging in on an iPad Air. Tonight the board index required logging in to read anything.
Did the forum settings change today? Wasn’t this way this morning. So I tried logging in.
Old password wouldn’t work. Password reset successful on first try.
Best,
Kurt
Kurt Hafer
'70 2dr VG30et "Strutless Wonder"
Rush1

Post by Rush1 »

Wow! I haven't been able to even get the reset email; they never come. Nothing in junk, spam, trash, etc, either.

I owned & ran a forum for over 12 years. I started out with PHPBB (like this). Works but it's SO basic and unless you can code, it's difficult to do much with it. I learned how just to keep my forum running. I then switched to Invision Power Board which was great & MUCH easier to run, but not cheap. My forum was free to use & no ads, like the Realm but users happily chipped in for the upgrade because it was so much nicer and actually simpler for them, too. I'd bet users here would do the same.
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

StrutlessWonder wrote: 05 Feb 2023 23:40 I usually lurk and read without actually logging in on an iPad Air. Tonight the board index required logging in to read anything.
Did the forum settings change today? Wasn’t this way this morning. So I tried logging in.
Old password wouldn’t work. Password reset successful on first try.
Best,
Kurt
Yes, the forum settings did change. Once we figure out the root cause of the login/forgot password & email problem, we should have a vote to see if people want the forums public (ie anyone can see) or more of a private community. My latest thought was that, with privacy being a bigger topic these days, users may only want their posts visible to those in the community. To be discussed/decided by the users in the near future.
StrutlessWonder
Supporter

Post by StrutlessWonder »

Thanks for the explanation. Glad it was not all in my head!
Best,
Kurt
Kurt Hafer
'70 2dr VG30et "Strutless Wonder"
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

For me, I like to see the threads and pop in and out just to check things out.

If you need more privacy...Turn Alexa off and shut your cell phone down.... :lol:
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

bertvorgon wrote: 06 Feb 2023 18:35 For me, I like to see the threads and pop in and out just to check things out.

If you need more privacy...Turn Alexa off and shut your cell phone down.... :lol:
Hey Keith - are you usually logged in? It should make no difference if so! When logged in, you can hide your "online status" if desired.
Pjackb2

Post by Pjackb2 »

Well I’m glad to see I’m not the only one that had issues ,
I ve bee trying on and off since before the new year, never received emails to reset password or from Admins when trying to resetting
Unfortunately Im willing to bet that for every post here there are dozens who simply didn’t bother and left the forum completely
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I log out of anything I log into. Which is not much, I have no Facebook or other social things.

I have a very simple flip phone, text and actually use it to call people. I have it's location thingy turned OFF!

Any top secret things I work on I use pen and paper...ha..ha..... NOW...about that balloon hovering above my house.....

Matters not to me what the "collective" wants to do, no biggy to log in as far as I'm concerned, just an extra step to check things out.

Most important is that this wonderful site continues, in whatever permutation it takes!

Keith Law