Another new guy!!

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
Conley

Another new guy!!

Post by Conley »

Hello everyone, I'm excited to join!! I've been wanting a 510 for quite a while, settled for a B210 a few years ago, but an opportunity arose recently so my best friend and I sprung to action, (and i mean sprung, we planned it last Thursday night and by Saturday at 6:30 PM we had it) borrowed my brother's truck, installed a tow package, and drove 20 hours to get this:

Sorry for the large pics.

It's a 1971, with an L18 and a 5 speed dogleg. I have yet to look for any casting #s to see what those came out of.
It's largely complete, the rust is really quite minimal, interior is shot and engine's in need of rebuild and missing a carb, but that just gives me an excuse to go twin side-draught carb!! I longgggg for the sound of twin carbs.

I have a big Chevy P30 van I'm working on right now and some other projects to finish and then I'm going to start fixing up this lovely!! In the meantime, I'll be lurking about seeking knowledge, looking for parts, saving up, and trying to bring myself to part with some of my other automotive rescues!!

Anyways, excited to join!! Thanks for reading!
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: Another new guy!!

Post by datzenmike »

Casting numbers won't tell you much more than identifying it. The L series dogleg came standard on the '77-'79 S10 and was an option on the A10 before '80. L18s were on the '74 620 truck and the 710 and '73 on the 610. They primarily came with an A87 head and were not around very long.

I've seen worse examples of a 510, nice going!
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
Conley

Re: Another new guy!!

Post by Conley »

Thanks for the info! I suspected as much about the S10, I briefly had a 77 200SX with the dogleg as a parts car, but had too free up room at the time, and sold the drivetrain, to my dismay now. Thats helpful, thank you.

Thank you! Also I remember you from Ratsun. I've spent many hours across many years reading your posts LOL. Good to see you here.