Southern Oregon

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
Rally n’ Dino’s

Southern Oregon

Post by Rally n’ Dino’s »

Hi, been lurking for a while but opted to get a membership. I own a grabber blue 70 4 door my wife named Sergio. It has an L18 with dual hitachi 38mm flattops su style carbs and a 82 zx 5speed short ratio trans. I just finished installing the T3 evolved coilover kit along with their hubs, tie rods, boxed control arms and big brake kit. New bearings/ ball joints and later knuckles and a Troy Ermish 1” sway up front. I’ve had the car about a year but have wanted a dime since high school. I’m 40 now 👀. The cars been on stand pretty much the entire time ive had it. Ive got a alignment appointment in about a week then it’s on! Ive got a aluminum radiator and the rest of my cooling stuff sitting in boxes waiting for it’s turn next. Rear coil overs in boxes as well. I sold my all original 60 beetle to fund this project. I’m all about old Datsuns and old synthesizers at this point. Anyone in the GP area?
Byron510

Re: Southern Oregon

Post by Byron510 »

Welcome to the Realm, great to have you here.

You have a classic 510 in that configuration.

I had to look up GP in Oregon - Grants Pass. Here in Western Canada, GP would be Grande Prairie, in Northern Alberta.

Swapped an air cooled for a dime! Both are very different in every aspect. Both are cool, but honestly you’re going to love this ride!

We look forward to some photos, love to see your car.
There are so many 510’s in Oregon, there’s got to be a few close to you.

Welcome.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Rally n’ Dino’s

Re: Southern Oregon

Post by Rally n’ Dino’s »

Thanks man, ya, I’ve seen a few around here so it’s just a matter of time I figure. Already loving the car, for some reason working on this one just clicks, more than my vw even though I’ve been around them my whole life, owning 4 even. Also had some Datsuns when I was a kid, not sure what but I remember a blue wagon and a yellow wagon with fake wood on it. Maybe old 710’s or newer 510’s. I just remember they were beaters but just kept going haha. Glad to be here