Rest In Peace Jessi Combs 1983 - 2019

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

Rest In Peace Jessi Combs 1983 - 2019

Post by bertvorgon »

Yesterday, Jessi Combs lost her life in violent crash of the North American Eagle Land speed car, attempting to beat the fastest woman record of 398, which was hers, at Alvord desert in Oregon. She was going for 500 MPH.

As a fan of Myth Busters I loved seeing her on the show and, I have followed the North American Eagle project for years, as a local machinist named Steve Green, of Eagle Machine Inc in Abbotsford, made the wheels. I have known Steve for 40 years and this will be a big blow to the whole team.

She also hosted many other guy reality programs on TV.

Andy will be talking to Steve to see what happened as with the media you just never know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Ame ... le_Project

As we all attempt to push the barriers at times, there can be a downside.
Attachments
North American eagle.JPG
North American eagle.JPG (97.36 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
Jessi Combs (Large).jpeg
Jessi Combs (Large).jpeg (205.71 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Re: Rest In Peace Jessi Combs 1983 - 2019

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I have watched Jessi for quite a few years now on many shows and she was a talented fabricator. I think it was earlier this month she went in the high 400's on a test run with this car. It is sad to see her go.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?