Summerland 510 Drive-11 (Large).jpg
Summerland 510 Drive-11 (Large).jpg (264.63 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
Summerland 510 Drive-9 (Large).jpg
Summerland 510 Drive-9 (Large).jpg (110.04 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
Summerland 510 Drive-4 (Large).jpg
Summerland 510 Drive-4 (Large).jpg (150.4 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
Summerland 510 Drive-1 (Large).jpg
Summerland 510 Drive-1 (Large).jpg (310.6 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Run Beyond Hope 2020

Post by bertvorgon »

I did a fuel mileage check...White Rock to Princeton...got 24 MPG.....
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

John and I both used 16L on that leg, translates into 12L / 100 KMS or 19.6 mpg. Interesting to compare my cammed NA LZ22 against the stock RB20T - he put down 100 hp more and gets the same mileage in the 240Z. It’s interesting Keith that you have similar displacement to me, put down double the hp to the rear wheels with 4.62 final drive and still kick our ass on the mileage... With a carburetor..... a rather small carburetor.....
One day you and I are going to run Gerry cans until we run out. And I’ll be inspecting your cage for a Smoke Yunic line to you roll bar! Or any other orifice you could be running 🤓

I looks forward to a fall run, but I think I’ll spare your environment and take Ole Blue.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Funny, I had actually wanted to run home till I ran out of fuel, just to see what a full tank gave, as we did have some wide open throttle sections. I got lazy as I did not want to stop and put 5 gallons in somewhere on the highway. That being said, I think I could have made it home, it would have been close.

My fuel economy stays pretty consistent...22 - 25 MPG...depending on those full throttle episodes.

I did use a couple of litres of methanol, which speaks to the throttle being WO for some time. The Similkameen mine hill uses the most, as it is full load as I snap it down a gear, as we head into that right hand sweeper at the bottom. Boost hits right away so both solenoids are open and the garden hose is flowing.

I'm only running 14 PSI boost, not my race mode 16 PSI. As good as Avgas is, I don't push the envelope.

Lets do that next trip, I always bring a 5 gal anyhow.

When you think how small the primary is on that Weber, and we live in that mode for the most part, it only makes sense the fuel economy is not bad. Even on the up-hill climbs, I can just dial up "O" or maybe 1 lbs boost and I can keep any speed on the primary without opening the secondary.

My roll bar is the nitrous tank....... :wink:

Keith Law
Alveen240/610

Post by Alveen240/610 »

I missed it again. I wish I had some notification app or a heads up call. Well till next time. It's good to hve more cars on the run. If i was the run organiser then I would have called each and everyone who participated in previous run. Thts my personal view if I ran the show.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Alveen...send me your phone number.....

Next drive plan coming soon.....for SEPTEMBER!

I rely on this site for people to check..simple as that. I know some do not check in very often, I felt bad that James missed the drive too. This site has always been to go-to for any events, shows or drives.

I don't mind phoning or e-mailing a few, but, I NEED contact information!

Keith Law
cartel

Post by cartel »

Keith
dont make it for the same weekend as last race and il try to go- went to mission yesterday-- Andy was going to take camaro today but had pushrod issue so i believe hes going to try for the sept race and Colin may as well- dont know if theyre going to allow any more people by then-- was limited to One pit crew per entrant .
Mike Gibson
Datsun: 71 dime; 73 Z ; GT3 240
Other: 65 + 67 Mustang ; 03 murcie
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Yes, I saw Andy Friday, saw the pushrod. I was aware of that weekend so will leave Sept 26/27 alone for those that can attend.

Ideally, I would like to hit mid month for all the reasons.....weather.

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

With the rising COVID numbers, and with Friday's announcement by the provincial government now being enforced, I'm pretty sure racing at Mission has ended;

https://www.mapleridgenews.com/news/mis ... 20-season/

This past weekend, the cops handed out two separate fines to the hosts holding parties in the lower mainland (idiots – one even had a DJ). For us lowly folk, it's a $2k fine for these types of gatherings. For businesses and organizations, it $10k, and they can throw this same book at us private citizens. The limit is 50 people. I'm not sure how the organizers at Mission could get around that numbers with E-crew, marshals, and tech in place - even if the entrants are limited to 1 crew member as they have been. Don't get me wrong; I love racing, but….

These are interesting times, but we need to do our part, or we'll end up with the same situation our good neighbours are in down south. Covid-19 isn't responding to Trumps' threats, slander and continued bashing as well as he thought it would. Apparently, he found an opponent that won't back down under any circumstance and can't be intimidated – but that's' a discussion for this thread.
We've done good in BC to date. As of the time I am writing this, we have 90 new cases, and 820 active ones with 13 in the hospital and 5 in ICU among the 5 million people in this province. We've had a total of 4915 cases, with 202 deaths so far.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experienc ... da29297ded

But that's a drop in the bucket compared to the Washinton state numbers right next door where social distancing was not taken seriously. The state population is 7 million. They've quit posting new case numbers, but they have had 70,595 cases, 6500 in the hospital with 1857 deaths to date.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Nove ... aDashboard

As of right now, I'm in quarantine because one member of one of the 3 families we have included in our bubble since March, tested positive last Monday. The person was in my car the previous Thursday. I've been tested, result is negative. However, I've been quarantined 14 days, and it ends this coming Thursday. This means I'm living entirely separate from my family – using a different bathroom, sleeping and staying in a separated section of the house and not sharing any meals. They even trat my used dishes like hazardous waste.
This is very real at the moment, and it sucks. And I get a daily phone call from the local health board asking if I have any new symptoms, and they were making sure I'm home and quarantined. I don't know if they would track my cell signal, but the technology is easily there for them to do so. And like I said, I tested negative. I couldn't imagine what we'd need to do as a family if I were positive.
This is a real wake up call, folks.
I don't want to turn this thread into a political discussion or even a COVID conversation - there are other threads already on the site tackling this. Let's keep it on the drive. We had a good time and I personally really enjoyed it. With a small group of cars, we had the abilioty to properly distance.
Future drives, we'd better keep the numbers low. If we were like that water-cooled Porche group we passed coming off of their wine and cheese do at Apex - we'd be way out of line as well. Just something to keep in mind.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

This is my take.....

I felt we "drifted" when we went to Jeff's in terms of distancing from one another! That is how this shit gets passed, the most simple and innocuous thing.

I or my wife CANNOT get this due to existing health conditions..PERIOD!

For the next drive, of which I will be starting a new thread, we need to practice distancing when we stop, and, have our picnic lunch, simple as that.

I have kept my bubble just to family and even when I have popped to Specialty to work on car, I am out in the parking pad, as I am NOT in their bubble.

My daughter is about to potentially have her girls go to day care, and, as she is a teacher, faces the nightmare that our education system will be as it unfolds with whatever uptick in infections. WE will be taken out of their bubble and not see my grandkid's for......

I think I said before, we know 2 people that have had this, and while they did not end up on ventilators, it has absolutely kicked the shit out of them like no flu they have ever had. And they are YOUNG!

I will plan this drive, I have a plan for where we can stop for a picnic, that both allows us to park and have some nice space for a feed.

The bloody mixed messages, young people..and old...who think they are invincible..can pay for this dearly.

The U.S. is frigg'in insane with how those those clowns down there have NOT handled this. Political..you bet...it is what it is and I can guarantee you the worst for the U.S. is yet to come.

Our friends from California have made it back to Canada on Thursday and the crazy story's they have told us of how people have operated there, would make you both beyond mad and incredulous at the same time. Stupid!

Anyhow...back to driving....will post up tomorrow potential plan.

Keith Law
gooned

Post by gooned »

I’m due for a decent run in the M, new brakes and some sticky new tires at beginning of Aug, just need an excuse!